Networking Strategies for Sales RepsJul 07 2015, by Sales in
First it was door-to-door, then it was cold calls and emails, now networking? What has the sales industry evolved into?
The demand for success in today’s economy is necessary and the need to keep up with the ever-changing strategies to increase sales is expected. Though you may not be comfortable with the new ways of selling, you must learn how to deal with it. Here are a few networking strategies that I use at events:
Have a plan.
1) What are your goals?
2) Why are you there?
3) Who is your target audience?
Let everyone know you are there.
1) Do not hide behind the scenes.
2) Discuss matters thoroughly, knowledge is power.
3) Ask questions and get answers.
Do not go by yourself.
1) Boost confidence by bringing someone you know.
2) Bring someone that compliments your weaknesses and vice versa.
If you have a personality, flaunt it.
1) Make every conversation count.
2) You not have to say the same thing to everyone you encounter.
3) It is not about how many business cards you can get, it’s about meaningful connections.
Having an unselfish mindset will help you become memorable to others. Networking is about letting people know how you can help them, not just take their money. Business owners are constantly approached and bothered by sales reps, why should they choose you over others?
Because you stood out from the rest.
What networking strategies do you use at events?