7 Techniques to Reach the Decision MakerJun 19 2015, by Sales in
No matter what business you are in and no matter what business you call there’s always a gatekeeper, these are professionals you have to go through to reach the main decision maker. Gatekeepers can let you through or turn you away. Bypassing the Gatekeeper is almost impossible, so, you need to learn how to communicate with them to fulfill your initial goal – reaching the decision maker.
Besides being courteous and polite, here are several techniques communication strategies to influence the Gatekeeper access to the decision maker:
- Never leave the company name in a message, only your name.
- Remain laid back during the call, appreciate laughter.
- You want to control the call? Ask the questions.
- Save the pitch for the decision maker.
- If they cannot give you a “yes”, then do not accept their “no”
- Messages should be short and to the point (under 30 seconds).
- When all else fails, set an appointment for another call with the decision maker or a face-to-face appointment.
What techniques do you use to reach a decision maker?